Important Questions to Ask
The most important question’s you MUST ASK to help you choose the perfect care for your child. Here at the Fire Station Day Nursery we have put together important points to consider when looking for your child’s nursery place.
Understand what certificates are needed and how to understand them. Does your chosen childcare facility have the following valid certificates displayed:
1. Does the building have an Electrical Certificate?
2. Are the portable electrical appliances PAT tested?
3. Does the nursery have a Gas safe/corgi certificate?
4. Is the nursery registered With Ofsted?
5. Does the nursery belong to a professional organisation such as
National Day Nurseries Association?
6. Are the certificates available for you to see?
7 Is the Ofsted report available?
At the Fire Station Day Nursery all our Certificates are displayed
Important questions you must ask about your child’s security
1. Does the nursery have clear procedures for fire evacuation?
2. Is the fire protection equipment maintained and checked annually?
3. Does the nursery have CCTV for your child’s protection?
4. For additional security do they have biometrics on the doors?
5. Are the door’s kept securely locked?
6. Is the play area securely fenced/gated?
7. How will the nursery staff know who has permission to collect your child?
8. Do they hold photographs of the people who can collect your child?
9. Is there a safe car park for you to use?
10. Is there outdoor lighting for the dark mornings/evenings?
At the Fire Station Day Nursery we have CCTV outside the premises as well as inside. Access is controlled by a combination of key pads and Biometrics locks. Safety locking devices are fitted to all opening windows. For your child’s additional security, we are able to securely store photographs of your child’s authorised persons to collect from nursery.
Does your chosen childcare facility make you and your child feel welcome?
1. Are you able to turn up unannounced for your viewing?
2. Does your chosen childcare facility make you and your child feel
welcome and reassured as soon as you walk through the door?
3. Does your chosen childcare facility look clean, and tidy?
At the Fire Station Day Nursery we welcome Visitors at all times
Your Child’s Care
1. Are the play and learning programs structured, planned and followed?
2. Do parents and staff work in partnership recording your child’s activities and achievements?
3. Is the equipment well maintained and age appropriate?
4. Has your child got easy access to supervised toilet facilities?
5. Can the children help themselves to drinks during the day?
6. Are the changing mats cleaned in-between each child’s use?
7. Is the food prepared on the premises following a healthy and
8. Where will your child’s dummy be stored?
9. How will you know that your child doesn’t share bedding?
10. What if my child has allergies or requires medication?
At the Fire Station Day Nursery, all our rooms have their own baby changing and toilet facilities together with mini kitchens. Each child also has their own personal locker for storage of bedding and personal belongings.
1. Are the staff qualified?
2. Are the Team Leaders easily identified?
3. Is there are senior member of staff on shift at all times?
4. Does the cook hold a relevant catering certificate in addition
to food hygiene?
4. Who will be your child’s key worker?
5. Does the nursery have a Tameside Healthy Choice Award?
Sharon Cummins our manager for the Fire Station Day Nursery is an experienced nursery manager and has been approved by Ofsted.
With all our staff holding a recognised child care qualification with additional staff undertaking further advanced training. All our staff are CRB checked and further official identification has been approved.
1. Does your child’s nursery have indoor play facilities?
2. Does your child have access to a sensory room?
3. Does the nursery have a dedicated dining room?
4. Is the outdoor play area rubberised?
5. Does the nursery provide a Child’s Personal Fitness Trainer?
6. Is the nursery able to provide dance lessons for your child?
7. Does your child’s nursery have a dedicated role play facility?
At the Fire Station Day Nursery we have access to a trained children fitness instructor, and a qualified dance teacher.
The Fire Station Day Nursery also has a dedicated dining room for convenience and cleanliness. Our dining room is an additional opportunity to encourage our children’s social and interaction skills.
In most nurseries children are confined to one room, at the Fire Station Day Nursery our children have their very own indoor adventure play area, a sensory room and a unique toy town with their very own train station, shop, house and post office.
We know that your priority is to find a nursery that offers the right setting for your child and one that also understands the importance of earning the trust and confidence of you, the parent.
At the Fire Station Day Nursery, we devote our energies to creating a fun and loving environment whilst delivering the best in childcare and education. Our goal is to create a positive and motivating experience that will,
in turn, play a major role in your child's future learning and development.
We want our children to have the best facilities available we have invested heavily in resources, toys and IT equipment. We have thought about our play equipment and facilities so that it is designed in a way to invite exploration and stimulate through active learning.
Our friendly, highly-trained staff are focused on providing fun and education. They work to ensure your child develops as an individual whilst helping to nurture and encourage learning through discovery and enjoyment.
Not only do we offer education through creativity and play but pride ourselves in understanding the importance of instilling confidence and enthusiasm from an early age.
We want our little ones to feel secure and happy from the start so they can't wait to come back tomorrow!